The English verb 'license' is pronounced as [ˈlaɪsns].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb license: Infinitive (license), Past Simple - (licensed), Past Participle - (licensed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb license
👉 Forms of verb license in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of license.
License: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb license?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'license'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'license'
- the first form (V1) is 'license' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'licensed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'licensed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of license?
The past tense and past participle of license are: license in past simple is licensed, and past participle is licensed.
What is the past tense of license?
The past tense of the verb "license" is "licensed", and the past participle is "licensed".
Past simple — license in past simple licensed
Future simple — license in future simple is license (will + V1).
Present Perfect — license in present perfect tense is licensed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — license in past perfect tense is licensed (had + V3).
license regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'license' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'license' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb license in Sentences
- They could not license their workshop. (Past Simple)
- The ministry licensed the local factory back in 2004. (Past Simple)
- to license a book (Present Simple)
- to license an attorney to practise law (Present Simple)
- I am licensed to practice medicine in this state. (Present Simple)
- cafe which is licensed to sell wine (Present Simple)
- The restaurant is not licensed for the sale of beer (Present Simple)
- famous drug licensed by the government (Present Simple)
- Is your firm licensed to trade derivatives? (Present Simple)
- The vaccine has been licensed according to the standard procedure. (Past Simple)