English verb take in [teɪk ɪn].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb take in: Infinitive (take in), Past Simple - (took in), Past Participle - (taken in).
Forms of verb take in in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb take in in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of take in.
Three forms of verb take in
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|take in [teɪk ɪn]||
took in [tʊk ɪn]
taken in [teɪkən ɪn]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of take in?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) take in in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - take in. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - took in. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - taken in. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of take in?
The past tense of take in is: take in in past simple is took in. and past participle is taken in.
What is the past tense of take in?
The past tense of take in is took in.
The past participle of take in is taken in.
Past simple — take in in past simple took in.
Future simple — take in in future simple take in. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — take in in present perfect tense taken in. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — take in in past perfect tense taken in. (had + V3)
take in regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is take in an irregular verb?? take in is .
Examples of Verb take in in Sentences
- I want to see how much we took in (Past Simple)
- We'll take in all the showings, the new fashions (Future Simple)
- I don't take in boarders any more (Present Simple)
- We'll take one in case of special emergency (Future Simple)
- We'll have to take in another partner (Future Simple)
- We can't take in every waif and stray in the district (Present Simple)
- In former times, other clans would have gladly taken in any ronin who'd earned a name for himself (Present Perfect)
- Go and take some in the cash desk (Present Simple)