The English verb 'lift' is pronounced as [lɪft].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb lift: Infinitive (lift), Past Simple - (lifted), Past Participle - (lifted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb lift
👉 Forms of verb lift in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of lift.
Lift: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb lift?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'lift'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'lift'
- the first form (V1) is 'lift' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'lifted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'lifted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of lift?
The past tense and past participle of lift are: lift in past simple is lifted, and past participle is lifted.
What is the past tense of lift?
The past tense of the verb "lift" is "lifted", and the past participle is "lifted".
Past simple — lift in past simple lifted
Future simple — lift in future simple is lift (will + V1).
Present Perfect — lift in present perfect tense is lifted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — lift in past perfect tense is lifted (had + V3).
lift regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'lift' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'lift' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb lift in Sentences
- I lifted it on the shelf (Past Simple)
- She has lifted our spirits (Present Perfect)
- He lifted his glass to his mouth to hide the awkward pause. (Past Simple)
- She lifted her head to look at him. (Past Simple)
- He lifted the pen from the paper to look at me. (Past Simple)
- Alison has been lifted and laid on the bed. (Present Perfect)
- The snake lifted its head and hissed at us. (Past Simple)
- She carefully lifted the lid of the pan. (Past Simple)
- The two of us with difficulty lifted the box onto the table. (Past Simple)
- Why haven't you lifted it? (Present Perfect)