English verb lift [lɪft].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb lift: Infinitive (lift), Past Simple - (lifted), Past Participle - (lifted).
Forms of verb lift in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb lift in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of lift.
Three forms of verb lift
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of lift?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) lift in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - lift. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - lifted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - lifted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of lift?
The past tense of lift is: lift in past simple is lifted. and past participle is lifted.
What is the past tense of lift?
The past tense of lift is lifted.
The past participle of lift is lifted.
Past simple — lift in past simple lifted.
Future simple — lift in future simple lift. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — lift in present perfect tense lifted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — lift in past perfect tense lifted. (had + V3)
lift regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is lift an irregular verb?? lift is regular verb.
Examples of Verb lift in Sentences
- I lifted it on the shelf (Past Simple)
- She has lifted our spirits (Present Perfect)
- He lifted his glass to his mouth to hide the awkward pause. (Past Simple)
- She lifted her head to look at him. (Past Simple)
- He lifted the pen from the paper to look at me. (Past Simple)
- Alison has been lifted and laid on the bed. (Present Perfect)
- The snake lifted its head and hissed at us. (Past Simple)
- She carefully lifted the lid of the pan. (Past Simple)
- The two of us with difficulty lifted the box onto the table. (Past Simple)
- Why haven't you lifted it? (Present Perfect)