The English verb 'linger' is pronounced as ['lɪngə].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb linger: Infinitive (linger), Past Simple - (lingered), Past Participle - (lingered).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb linger
👉 Forms of verb linger in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of linger.
Linger: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb linger?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'linger'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'linger'
- the first form (V1) is 'linger' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'lingered' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'lingered' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of linger?
The past tense and past participle of linger are: linger in past simple is lingered, and past participle is lingered.
What is the past tense of linger?
The past tense of the verb "linger" is "lingered", and the past participle is "lingered".
Past simple — linger in past simple lingered
Future simple — linger in future simple is linger (will + V1).
Present Perfect — linger in present perfect tense is lingered (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — linger in past perfect tense is lingered (had + V3).
linger regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'linger' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'linger' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb linger in Sentences
- I don't want to linger in this... place for one more minute. (Present Simple)
- Under no circumstances should you linger if the chase may be quite close. (Present Simple)
- Along with me on the platform, about three dozen other people were just as aimlessly lingering around, seeing off and departing. (Past Continuous)
- - He lingers around the house all day and gets bored," he added, moving on to the pancakes and meat. (Present Simple)
- The girl listened and nodded, but her thoughts were lingering very far away. (Past Simple)
- Memories of the nightmare were still lingering around him, but perhaps for the first time they didn't hurt him as much as they had before. (Past Simple)
- - Well, what are you waiting for, boy? This is no time to linger. It's time for you to go to class. Go on, get going. (Present Simple)
- You're just standing around and blatantly lingering around. (Present Continuous)
- She kept her promise, did not linger, and left the village the same evening and disappeared in an unknown direction. (Past Simple)
- Previously, the guys did not linger too much with the reprisals and did not go into the details of the crimes. (Past Simple)