The English verb 'man' is pronounced as [mæn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb man: Infinitive (man), Past Simple - (manned), Past Participle - (manned).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb man
👉 Forms of verb man in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of man.
Man: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb man?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'man'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'man'
- the first form (V1) is 'man' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'manned' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'manned' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of man?
The past tense and past participle of man are: man in past simple is manned, and past participle is manned.
What is the past tense of man?
The past tense of the verb "man" is "manned", and the past participle is "manned".
Past simple — man in past simple manned
Future simple — man in future simple is man (will + V1).
Present Perfect — man in present perfect tense is manned (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — man in past perfect tense is manned (had + V3).
man regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'man' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'man' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb man in Sentences
- Оur division was manned (Past Simple)
- These young dogs will soon be manned (Future Simple)
- This young horse will soon be manned (Future Simple)
- The Department is manned by over forty men (Present Simple)
- Officer manned the entrance post (Past Simple)
- Anna manned the reception desk in the morning. (Past Simple)
- Your task is to quickly man the ship's team (Present Simple)
- We can't man all the desks. (Present Simple)
- Workers were manning the booths. (Past Continuous)
- They wanted to man the defenses