The English verb 'mount' is pronounced as [maunt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb mount: Infinitive (mount), Past Simple - (mounted), Past Participle - (mounted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb mount
👉 Forms of verb mount in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of mount.
Mount: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb mount?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'mount'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'mount'
- the first form (V1) is 'mount' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'mounted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'mounted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of mount?
The past tense and past participle of mount are: mount in past simple is mounted, and past participle is mounted.
What is the past tense of mount?
The past tense of the verb "mount" is "mounted", and the past participle is "mounted".
Past simple — mount in past simple mounted
Future simple — mount in future simple is mount (will + V1).
Present Perfect — mount in present perfect tense is mounted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — mount in past perfect tense is mounted (had + V3).
mount regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'mount' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'mount' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb mount in Sentences
- The pressure is going to mount for a replacement program, which is where we come in. (Present Simple)
- Tell them that they must mount a joint expedition (Present Simple)
- We will not mount serious efforts to capture him. (Future Simple)
- As tension continues to mount in the standoff between police and the father of slain black teenager Brandon Parker. (Present Simple)
- We can mount raids on his outposts, disrupt his supplies. (Present Simple)
- As the war mounted, we received less information about the massacres. (Past Simple)
- Staircases mounted to upper rooms that no longer existed. (Past Simple)
- We mounted to the old house and entered there. (Past Simple)
- I remembered the huge head, mounted upon the stake. (Present Simple)
- Mr Bent mounted the steps, opened the clock, and moved the second hand forward by two seconds. (Past Simple)