The English verb 'narrow' is pronounced as [ˈnæroʊ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb narrow: Infinitive (narrow), Past Simple - (narrowed), Past Participle - (narrowed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb narrow
👉 Forms of verb narrow in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of narrow.
Narrow: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb narrow?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'narrow'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'narrow'
- the first form (V1) is 'narrow' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'narrowed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'narrowed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of narrow?
The past tense and past participle of narrow are: narrow in past simple is narrowed, and past participle is narrowed.
What is the past tense of narrow?
The past tense of the verb "narrow" is "narrowed", and the past participle is "narrowed".
Past simple — narrow in past simple narrowed
Future simple — narrow in future simple is narrow (will + V1).
Present Perfect — narrow in present perfect tense is narrowed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — narrow in past perfect tense is narrowed (had + V3).
narrow regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'narrow' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'narrow' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb narrow in Sentences
- They proposed to narrow the strait to several tens of meters (Past Simple)
- The gap between local and illegal income earners has narrowed significantly (Present Perfect)
- Narrow down your search (Present Simple)
- His lead narrowed by 10 points (Past Simple)
- She narrowed her eyes and tried to read the caption (Past Simple)
- He narrowed the list of employers down to five (Past Simple)
- She narrowed her wish list down to 10 (Past Simple)
- He narrowed his eyes and gazed at the sunset. (Past Simple)
- The selection of contestants was narrowed. (Past Simple)
- They narrowed down the requirements for applicants (Past Simple)