The English verb 'nod' is pronounced as [nɑːd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb nod: Infinitive (nod), Past Simple - (nodded), Past Participle - (nodded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb nod
👉 Forms of verb nod in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of nod.
Nod: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb nod?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'nod'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'nod'
- the first form (V1) is 'nod' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'nodded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'nodded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of nod?
The past tense and past participle of nod are: nod in past simple is nodded, and past participle is nodded.
What is the past tense of nod?
The past tense of the verb "nod" is "nodded", and the past participle is "nodded".
Past simple — nod in past simple nodded
Future simple — nod in future simple is nod (will + V1).
Present Perfect — nod in present perfect tense is nodded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — nod in past perfect tense is nodded (had + V3).
nod regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'nod' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'nod' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb nod in Sentences
- He nodded and then went out of the car (Past Simple)
- He nodded in agreement. (Past Simple)
- He nodded pointedly. (Past Simple)
- Sam has nodded gravely. (Present Perfect)
- I bit my lip pitifully and nodded. (Past Simple)
- All the girls nodded in greeting and said "Hello!" (Past Simple)
- Emily nodded without speaking. (Past Simple)
- My sister nodded when I asked her if she was ready. (Past Simple)
- And he casually nodded his head in my direction. (Past Simple)
- She has just nodded to us as she walked by. (Present Perfect)