The English verb 'nose' is pronounced as [nəʊz].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb nose: Infinitive (nose), Past Simple - (Nosed), Past Participle - (Nosed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb nose
👉 Forms of verb nose in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of nose.
Nose: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb nose?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'nose'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'nose'
- the first form (V1) is 'nose' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'Nosed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'Nosed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of nose?
The past tense and past participle of nose are: nose in past simple is Nosed, and past participle is Nosed.
What is the past tense of nose?
The past tense of the verb "nose" is "Nosed", and the past participle is "Nosed".
Past simple — nose in past simple Nosed
Future simple — nose in future simple is nose (will + V1).
Present Perfect — nose in present perfect tense is Nosed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — nose in past perfect tense is Nosed (had + V3).
nose regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'nose' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'nose' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb nose in Sentences
- The bear tried to nose the corpses, but fled in time (Past Simple)
- The dog nosed all the guests and ran away to itself. (Past Simple)
- The bear stood up and began nosing the corners of the cage, shuffling her paws. (Present Continuous)
- The seemingly friendly dog was nosing the ground in the neighbor's garden. (Past Simple)
- We know how to nose prey, corral it, ambush it, and collectively achieve results - it's in our blood. (Present Simple)
- While I and the old man will nose the beavers, you can fish and shoot game. (Future Simple)
- So they set to work, nosing more and more details about each other's lives in the process. (Past Simple)
- He was able to listen attentively to the interlocutor, unobtrusively for him to nose the necessary information. (Past Simple)
- A few minutes of hard work and the boat nosed into the shore. (Past Simple)
- The dog got up, walked over, and gently nosed into his master's lap (Past Simple)