The English verb 'nurse' is pronounced as [nɜːrs].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb nurse: Infinitive (nurse), Past Simple - (nursed), Past Participle - (nursed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb nurse
👉 Forms of verb nurse in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of nurse.
Nurse: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb nurse?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'nurse'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'nurse'
- the first form (V1) is 'nurse' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'nursed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'nursed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of nurse?
The past tense and past participle of nurse are: nurse in past simple is nursed, and past participle is nursed.
What is the past tense of nurse?
The past tense of the verb "nurse" is "nursed", and the past participle is "nursed".
Past simple — nurse in past simple nursed
Future simple — nurse in future simple is nurse (will + V1).
Present Perfect — nurse in present perfect tense is nursed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — nurse in past perfect tense is nursed (had + V3).
nurse regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'nurse' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'nurse' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb nurse in Sentences
- She nursed 2 girls last month (Past Simple)
- She has nursed her since 2003 (Present Perfect)
- She planned to nurse him for a year. (Past Simple)
- Jane prefers to nurse the child herself. (Present Simple)
- She wants to nurse her husband back to health. (Present Simple)
- Are you going to nurse me? (Present Simple)
- Marie nursed her children through their illness (Past Simple)
- She took upon herself to nurse me. (Past Simple)
- Through the years he had nursed a disgust for his former employer. (Past Perfect)
- Tom nursed the flowers in his garden (Past Simple)