English verb oil [ɔɪl].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb oil: Infinitive (oil), Past Simple - (oiled), Past Participle - (oiled).
Forms of verb oil in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb oil in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of oil.
Three forms of verb oil
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of oil?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) oil in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - oil. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - oiled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - oiled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of oil?
The past tense of oil is: oil in past simple is oiled. and past participle is oiled.
What is the past tense of oil?
The past tense of oil is oiled.
The past participle of oil is oiled.
Past simple — oil in past simple oiled.
Future simple — oil in future simple oil. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — oil in present perfect tense oiled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — oil in past perfect tense oiled. (had + V3)
oil regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is oil an irregular verb?? oil is regular verb.
Examples of Verb oil in Sentences
- We oiled all the gears and chains (Past Simple)
- Stop here, we don't need to oil everything (Present Simple)
- He oiled these surfaces pretty well (Past Simple)
- First oil the parchment and put pizza on it (Present Simple)
- If your wheels squeak, just oil them (Present Simple)
- He is oiling the door now, and he's going to paint it later (Present Continuous)
- He's never oiled this lock, that's why it doesn't work now (Present Perfect)
- They are oiling their guns at the moment (Present Continuous)
- If you won't oil the gun, there is no chance to be a good shooter (Future Simple)
- Will you oil the door or ask our father? (Future Simple)