The English verb 'oscillate' is pronounced as ['ɔsɪleɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb oscillate: Infinitive (oscillate), Past Simple - (oscillated), Past Participle - (oscillated).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb oscillate
👉 Forms of verb oscillate in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of oscillate.
Oscillate: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb oscillate?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'oscillate'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'oscillate'
- the first form (V1) is 'oscillate' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'oscillated' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'oscillated' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of oscillate?
The past tense and past participle of oscillate are: oscillate in past simple is oscillated, and past participle is oscillated.
What is the past tense of oscillate?
The past tense of the verb "oscillate" is "oscillated", and the past participle is "oscillated".
Past simple — oscillate in past simple oscillated
Future simple — oscillate in future simple is oscillate (will + V1).
Present Perfect — oscillate in present perfect tense is oscillated (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — oscillate in past perfect tense is oscillated (had + V3).
oscillate regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'oscillate' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'oscillate' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb oscillate in Sentences
- The vertical speed indicator hand stops oscillating. (Present Simple)
- The flame of the candles oscillates, dances... (Present Simple)
- Her light oscillated, and layered shadows roamed the lobby like a crowd of hapless souls. (Past Simple)
- Their flame of life oscillated from coal-black to creamy-agate color tones. (Past Simple)
- The lamp oscillated slowly back and forth, like the pendulum of an old clock. (Past Simple)
- A pendulum oscillated near the ground, gleaming in the light like a little sun. (Past Simple)
- The banks were oscillating back and forth, but it was already evident that the bad events were outweighing. (Past Simple)
- The tank column slowly crept around the bend, the ground underfoot slightly oscillating. (Past Simple)
- Depending on the frequency, it oscillates particularly strongly in a certain area (Present Simple)
- This string oscillates at different frequencies and different resonances. (Present Simple)