English verb overshoot [ˌəʊvəˈʃuːt].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb overshoot: Infinitive (overshoot), Past Simple - (overshot), Past Participle - (overshot).
Forms of verb overshoot in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb overshoot in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of overshoot.
Three forms of verb overshoot
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of overshoot?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) overshoot in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - overshoot. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - overshot. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - overshot. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of overshoot?
The past tense of overshoot is: overshoot in past simple is overshot. and past participle is overshot.
What is the past tense of overshoot?
The past tense of overshoot is overshot.
The past participle of overshoot is overshot.
Past simple — overshoot in past simple overshot.
Future simple — overshoot in future simple overshoot. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — overshoot in present perfect tense overshot. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — overshoot in past perfect tense overshot. (had + V3)
overshoot regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is overshoot an irregular verb?? overshoot is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb overshoot in Sentences
- There was a friendly, resounding volley. The rain nailed the gunpowder smoke to the ground. Everyone overshot again. A fourth chain came into view. (Past Simple)
- I'm not a very good shot, but it's impossible to overshoot from this distance. (Present Simple)
- - I will shoot again in ten days. But now I'm very afraid of overshooting again. (Future Simple)
- Three days of relentless pursuit were taking their toll after all, and he feared he would overshoot from fatigue. (Past Simple)
- From this distance, even an inexperienced person can hardly overshoot. (Present Simple)
- The joker overshot the boys and soon they heard his apartment door slam. (Past Simple)
- I was going back to the hotel, but we can overshoot your house first. (Past Simple)
- The number of shareholders of a closed company may not overshoot the number regulated by the law on joint-stock companies. (Present Simple)
- As a result, the stream of raw materials, which was already significant, frighteningly overshot the allowable limits. (Past Simple)
- In ten years, the archive of the community has overshot two thousand articles and formed a full-fledged encyclopedia covering all the issues that can only worry a creative person. (Present Perfect)