English verb pat [pæt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb pat: Infinitive (pat), Past Simple - (patted), Past Participle - (patted).
Forms of verb pat in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb pat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of pat.
Three forms of verb pat
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of pat?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) pat in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - pat. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - patted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - patted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of pat?
The past tense of pat is: pat in past simple is patted. and past participle is patted.
What is the past tense of pat?
The past tense of pat is patted.
The past participle of pat is patted.
Past simple — pat in past simple patted.
Future simple — pat in future simple pat. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — pat in present perfect tense patted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — pat in past perfect tense patted. (had + V3)
pat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is pat an irregular verb?? pat is regular verb.
Examples of Verb pat in Sentences
- Would you like to pat the red squirrel? (Present Simple)
- John approached and patted the fireman's shoulder (Past Simple)
- The girl gently patted the dog's head. (Past Simple)
- Emily patted the seat, inviting me to sit next to her. (Past Simple)
- He patted the pocket of his backpack, checking to see if the keys were in place. (Past Simple)
- Mom has patted the child's head. (Present Perfect)
- Nellie patted the dough into a round shape. (Past Simple)
- My grandfather patted my knee and told me everything would be fine. (Past Simple)
- Howard patted the sofa, indicating that she would sit beside her. (Past Simple)
- He patted the horse affectionately on the neck. (Past Simple)