English verb play [pleɪ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb play: Infinitive (play), Past Simple - (played), Past Participle - (played).
Forms of verb play in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb play in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of play.
Three forms of verb play
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of play?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) play in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - play. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - played. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - played. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of play?
The past tense of play is: play in past simple is played. and past participle is played.
What is the past tense of play?
The past tense of play is played.
The past participle of play is played.
Past simple — play in past simple played.
Future simple — play in future simple play. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — play in present perfect tense played. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — play in past perfect tense played. (had + V3)
play regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is play an irregular verb?? play is regular verb.
Examples of Verb play in Sentences
- His son Brooke plays with my son (Present Simple)
- Well, Einstein sometimes played the violin (Past Simple)
- Our international organization has played, is playing and will continue to play a main role in maintaining health in the region (Present Perfect)
- We only play songs you like (Present Simple)
- Jack certainly plays the cello well (Present Simple)
- Emily is playing you like she played my son (Present Continuous)
- She is playing an important role in our company (Present Continuous)
- I know when a contestant is playing to the camera (Present Continuous)
- I was playing poker when he entered the room (Past Continuous)
- But he will play with both hands! (Future Simple)