English verb fall [fɔ:l].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb fall: Infinitive (fall), Past Simple - (fell), Past Participle - (fallen).
Forms of verb fall in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb fall in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of fall.
Three forms of verb fall
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of fall?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) fall in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - fall. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - fell. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - fallen. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of fall?
The past tense of fall is: fall in past simple is fell. and past participle is fallen.
What is the past tense of fall?
The past tense of fall is fell.
The past participle of fall is fallen.
Past simple — fall in past simple fell.
Future simple — fall in future simple fall. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — fall in present perfect tense fallen. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — fall in past perfect tense fallen. (had + V3)
fall regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is fall an irregular verb?? fall is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb fall in Sentences
- Customers can slip, fall on wet floor and after sue you (Present Simple)
- If your toy falls down you will go upstairs and pick it up (Present Simple)
- Everybody falls, but only a handful of people rise and move forward (Present Simple)
- He always falls in love on a first date (Present Simple)
- Whatever falls on that ground makes an impression (Present Simple)
- He smiled, but a shadow fell over his face (Past Simple)
- I'm falling down and suddenly wake up in a cold sweat (Present Continuous)
- In my opinion, our country has fallen because laws don't work (Present Perfect)
- Children have fallen asleep and we relieved (Present Perfect)
- A silence has fallen over our town, everybody was sleeping (Present Perfect)