The English verb 'plug' is pronounced as [plʌg].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb plug: Infinitive (plug), Past Simple - (plugged), Past Participle - (plugged).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb plug
👉 Forms of verb plug in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of plug.
Plug: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb plug?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'plug'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'plug'
- the first form (V1) is 'plug' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'plugged' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'plugged' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of plug?
The past tense and past participle of plug are: plug in past simple is plugged, and past participle is plugged.
What is the past tense of plug?
The past tense of the verb "plug" is "plugged", and the past participle is "plugged".
Past simple — plug in past simple plugged
Future simple — plug in future simple is plug (will + V1).
Present Perfect — plug in present perfect tense is plugged (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — plug in past perfect tense is plugged (had + V3).
plug regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'plug' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'plug' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb plug in Sentences
- You plug your own ears and must guess what the other person said. (Present Simple)
- We need to predict any potential weaknesses in our case and plug any gaps with evidence. (Present Simple)
- It's much harder to break people's psychology than to drill the skull and to plug a chip into the brains. (Present Simple)
- You just pull the plug, 500 gallons per minute hits the walls. (Present Simple)
- I'm going to lock the door, plug the bell, cut the telephone... and crawl into bed for a month. (Present Simple)
- We took all of that data, and plugged it into a generative-design AI we call Dreamcatcher. (Past Simple)
- Three crewmen moved smartly into the operations center, took seats at the auxiliary boards, and plugged in. (Past Simple)
- I found a spy in my office, and I plugged a leak. (Past Simple)
- So I plugged things in the outlets that make noise. (Past Simple)
- I plugged the Trezor into my laptop and entered 551445. (Past Simple)