English verb punish [ˈpʌnɪʃ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb punish: Infinitive (punish), Past Simple - (punished), Past Participle - (punished).
Forms of verb punish in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb punish in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of punish.
Three forms of verb punish
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of punish?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) punish in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - punish. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - punished. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - punished. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of punish?
The past tense of punish is: punish in past simple is punished. and past participle is punished.
What is the past tense of punish?
The past tense of punish is punished.
The past participle of punish is punished.
Past simple — punish in past simple punished.
Future simple — punish in future simple punish. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — punish in present perfect tense punished. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — punish in past perfect tense punished. (had + V3)
punish regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is punish an irregular verb?? punish is regular verb.
Examples of Verb punish in Sentences
- Mr Green punished him twice on monday (Past Simple)
- I think she's been punished enough for the accident (Present Perfect)
- He was punished for stealing. (Past Simple)
- She was punished for his rashness. (Past Simple)
- Everything is logical: if you break the rules, you will be punished. (Future Simple)
- The criminals were punished, namely sentenced to 10 years in a colony. (Past Simple)
- He punished the impudent child for bad words. (Past Simple)
- If you misbehave at dinner, you will be severely punished. (Future Simple)
- Do you believe that he was punished for a crime he did not commit? (Past Simple)
- Trust me, they will be punished for their outrageous behavior. (Future Simple)