English verb read [riːd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb read: Infinitive (read), Past Simple - (read), Past Participle - (read).
Forms of verb read in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb read in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of read.
Three forms of verb read
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of read?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) read in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - read. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - read. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - read. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of read?
The past tense of read is: read in past simple is read. and past participle is read.
What is the past tense of read?
The past tense of read is read.
The past participle of read is read.
Past simple — read in past simple read.
Future simple — read in future simple read. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — read in present perfect tense read. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — read in past perfect tense read. (had + V3)
read regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is read an irregular verb?? read is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb read in Sentences
- It must be comfortable to read materials (Present Simple)
- Then why did articles I read yesterday said that it couldn't be true (Past Simple)
- She has read all about that thing (Present Perfect)
- Never read anything as interesting as this book (Past Simple)
- She rarely reads in the mornings, doesn't have time (Present Simple)
- Aren't they reading in the bedroom right now? (Present Continuous)
- Can he read music? (Present Simple)
- Look, a policeman is reading her her rights (Present Continuous)
- Could you read the article out? (Present Simple)
- I won't read a letter if you are against that (Future Simple)