The English verb 'recognize' is pronounced as [ˈrekəɡnaɪz].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb recognize: Infinitive (recognize), Past Simple - (recognized), Past Participle - (recognized).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb recognize
👉 Forms of verb recognize in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of recognize.
Recognize: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb recognize?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'recognize'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'recognize'
- the first form (V1) is 'recognize' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'recognized' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'recognized' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of recognize?
The past tense and past participle of recognize are: recognize in past simple is recognized, and past participle is recognized.
What is the past tense of recognize?
The past tense of the verb "recognize" is "recognized", and the past participle is "recognized".
Past simple — recognize in past simple recognized
Future simple — recognize in future simple is recognize (will + V1).
Present Perfect — recognize in present perfect tense is recognized (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — recognize in past perfect tense is recognized (had + V3).
recognize regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'recognize' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'recognize' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb recognize in Sentences
- But he has to recognize that the problem is out of control (Present Simple)
- I'm sure I recognized his voice (Past Simple)
- All the governments have recognized the value of cooperation and support intergenerational relations (Present Perfect)
- In this man I recognized an old friend. (Past Simple)
- As soon as she spoke, I recognized her. (Past Simple)
- She instantly recognized her voice, even after years of separation. (Past Simple)
- His father recognized his slow, heavy steps on the stairs. (Past Simple)
- Everyone recognizes him as an authority on this topic. (Present Simple)
- I recognized him as soon as I saw him. (Past Simple)
- He was recognized by the emblem depicted on the shield. (Past Simple)