The English verb 'recommend' is pronounced as [ˌrekəˈmend].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb recommend: Infinitive (recommend), Past Simple - (recommended), Past Participle - (recommended).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb recommend
👉 Forms of verb recommend in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of recommend.
Recommend: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb recommend?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'recommend'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'recommend'
- the first form (V1) is 'recommend' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'recommended' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'recommended' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of recommend?
The past tense and past participle of recommend are: recommend in past simple is recommended, and past participle is recommended.
What is the past tense of recommend?
The past tense of the verb "recommend" is "recommended", and the past participle is "recommended".
Past simple — recommend in past simple recommended
Future simple — recommend in future simple is recommend (will + V1).
Present Perfect — recommend in present perfect tense is recommended (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — recommend in past perfect tense is recommended (had + V3).
recommend regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'recommend' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'recommend' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb recommend in Sentences
- They recommended to transport the statue to the center of the town (Past Simple)
- We strongly recommend using this utility in a working environment together with a firewall. (Present Simple)
- For those without even a basic knowledge of astronomy, we highly recommend reading several popular books on astronomy. (Present Simple)
- I strongly recommend choosing this method only after weighing the pros and cons. (Present Simple)
- Therefore, parents are strongly recommended to start practicing with the child from the very first days of his life. (Present Simple)
- This year your energy potential is quite high, but the stars strongly recommend you to be more attentive when traveling and driving. (Present Simple)
- A sweet old nutritionist, in a gentle voice, predicted my death from choking on fat and strongly recommended eating more beets, carrots, and cabbage. (Past Simple)
- Therefore, I recommend that you read the following text carefully, while examining your body in the right subcavity. (Present Simple)
- Doctors recommend drinking a glass of water at room temperature on an empty stomach, squeezing lemon juice into it, and eating one apple, which will activate the intestines. (Present Simple)
- Therefore, in response to your question about money, I recommend referring to government statistics. (Present Simple)