The English verb 'remain' is pronounced as [rɪˈmeɪn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb remain: Infinitive (remain), Past Simple - (remained), Past Participle - (remained).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb remain
👉 Forms of verb remain in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of remain.
Remain: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb remain?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'remain'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'remain'
- the first form (V1) is 'remain' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'remained' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'remained' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of remain?
The past tense and past participle of remain are: remain in past simple is remained, and past participle is remained.
What is the past tense of remain?
The past tense of the verb "remain" is "remained", and the past participle is "remained".
Past simple — remain in past simple remained
Future simple — remain in future simple is remain (will + V1).
Present Perfect — remain in present perfect tense is remained (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — remain in past perfect tense is remained (had + V3).
remain regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'remain' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'remain' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb remain in Sentences
- Several important problems remain to be settled (Present Simple)
- Some members of the committee remained skeptical (Past Simple)
- Real growth rates in most countries have remained quite low (Present Perfect)
- We decided to remain friends. (Past Simple)
- These amounts remained payable. (Past Simple)
- Will remained motionless. (Past Simple)
- Little will remain after the fire. (Future Simple)
- Fortunately, the weather remained good. (Past Simple)
- She remained unspoilt by the money. (Past Simple)
- She stubbornly remained in the same position. (Past Simple)