English verb remain [rɪˈmeɪn].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb remain: Infinitive (remain), Past Simple - (remained), Past Participle - (remained).
Forms of verb remain in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb remain in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of remain.
Three forms of verb remain
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of remain?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) remain in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - remain. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - remained. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - remained. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of remain?
The past tense of remain is: remain in past simple is remained. and past participle is remained.
What is the past tense of remain?
The past tense of remain is remained.
The past participle of remain is remained.
Past simple — remain in past simple remained.
Future simple — remain in future simple remain. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — remain in present perfect tense remained. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — remain in past perfect tense remained. (had + V3)
remain regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is remain an irregular verb?? remain is regular verb.
Examples of Verb remain in Sentences
- Several important problems remain to be settled (Present Simple)
- Some members of the committee remained skeptical (Past Simple)
- Real growth rates in most countries have remained quite low (Present Perfect)
- We decided to remain friends. (Past Simple)
- These amounts remained payable. (Past Simple)
- Will remained motionless. (Past Simple)
- Little will remain after the fire. (Future Simple)
- Fortunately, the weather remained good. (Past Simple)
- She remained unspoilt by the money. (Past Simple)
- She stubbornly remained in the same position. (Past Simple)