The English verb 'replace' is pronounced as [rɪˈpleɪs].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb replace: Infinitive (replace), Past Simple - (replaced), Past Participle - (replaced).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb replace
👉 Forms of verb replace in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of replace.
Replace: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb replace?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'replace'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'replace'
- the first form (V1) is 'replace' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'replaced' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'replaced' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of replace?
The past tense and past participle of replace are: replace in past simple is replaced, and past participle is replaced.
What is the past tense of replace?
The past tense of the verb "replace" is "replaced", and the past participle is "replaced".
Past simple — replace in past simple replaced
Future simple — replace in future simple is replace (will + V1).
Present Perfect — replace in present perfect tense is replaced (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — replace in past perfect tense is replaced (had + V3).
replace regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'replace' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'replace' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb replace in Sentences
- They replaced him twice (Past Simple)
- It has been replaced by Dr Demarest (Present Perfect)
- He has finally replaced the old razor blade. (Present Perfect)
- I replaced the old carpet with a new one. (Past Simple)
- Two tires on the car had to be replaced. (Past Simple)
- This antique vase cannot be replaced with anything. (Present Simple)
- They have recently replaced the old music system. (Present Perfect)
- Last season the head coach of the team was replaced. (Past Simple)
- Lectures replaced the old university system of assigning students to consultants. (Past Simple)
- The electrician said the house wiring needed to be replaced. (Past Simple)