The English verb 'round' is pronounced as [raʊnd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb round: Infinitive (round), Past Simple - (rounded), Past Participle - (rounded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb round
👉 Forms of verb round in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of round.
Round: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb round?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'round'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'round'
- the first form (V1) is 'round' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'rounded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'rounded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of round?
The past tense and past participle of round are: round in past simple is rounded, and past participle is rounded.
What is the past tense of round?
The past tense of the verb "round" is "rounded", and the past participle is "rounded".
Past simple — round in past simple rounded
Future simple — round in future simple is round (will + V1).
Present Perfect — round in present perfect tense is rounded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — round in past perfect tense is rounded (had + V3).
round regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'round' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'round' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb round in Sentences
- He rounded last months (Past Simple)
- Subtotal 17% overhead (rounded) (Past Simple)
- Nevertheless, I rounded my eyes diligently and groaned repeatedly, as if I had heard all this for the first time. (Past Simple)
- How that black bedspread accentuates the whiteness of her skin, how that bandage suits her, how it rounds her cheeks, how it sets off her face! (Present Simple)
- They kept rounding their mouths and blinking their sad, dark eyes. (Past Simple)
- The animals rushed to the slope, but for some reason rounded back abruptly and, scattered, disappeared among the rocks. (Past Simple)
- - It's not just the current of the river - time itself has rounded backwards..." - the words, not quite mature, clear thought, were poured into some incomprehensible by whom. (Present Perfect)
- The girl's waist was rounded by a broad silver sash, tied at the back in a magnificent bow. (Past Simple)
- This wall, which reached nine meters in height and was more than seven and a half kilometers long, in an uneven ring rounded the old city. (Past Simple)
- After sharpening, the point is slightly rounded so that no grooves or nicks appear on the wooden surface when working with the tool. (Present Simple)