English verb run [rʌn].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb run: Infinitive (run), Past Simple - (ran), Past Participle - (run).
Forms of verb run in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb run in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of run.
Three forms of verb run
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of run?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) run in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - run. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - ran. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - run. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of run?
The past tense of run is: run in past simple is ran. and past participle is run.
What is the past tense of run?
The past tense of run is ran.
The past participle of run is run.
Past simple — run in past simple ran.
Future simple — run in future simple run. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — run in present perfect tense run. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — run in past perfect tense run. (had + V3)
run regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is run an irregular verb?? run is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb run in Sentences
- The film runs 3.5 hours (Present Simple)
- The dog ran toward building (Past Simple)
- The bill runs to $2500 (Present Simple)
- Who is running this business? (Present Continuous)
- He isn't running, just pretending doing that (Present Continuous)
- While she is running farther, drink some water (Present Continuous)
- They haven't run the marathon, but photos were beautiful (Present Perfect)
- The water is running, turn off the faucet (Present Continuous)
- This project will be run by our company (Future Simple)
- They will run faster when see their fans (Future Simple)