English verb scold [skoʊld].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb scold: Infinitive (scold), Past Simple - (scolded), Past Participle - (scolded).
Forms of verb scold in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb scold in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of scold.
Three forms of verb scold
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of scold?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) scold in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - scold. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - scolded. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - scolded. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of scold?
The past tense of scold is: scold in past simple is scolded. and past participle is scolded.
What is the past tense of scold?
The past tense of scold is scolded.
The past participle of scold is scolded.
Past simple — scold in past simple scolded.
Future simple — scold in future simple scold. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — scold in present perfect tense scolded. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — scold in past perfect tense scolded. (had + V3)
scold regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is scold an irregular verb?? scold is regular verb.
Examples of Verb scold in Sentences
- He asked not to scold you for bad drawings (Past Simple)
- That day, she regretted that she never scolded her son (Past Simple)
- I think it is useless to scold a child for behavior. (Present Simple)
- He scolded whatever he thought was wrong. (Past Simple)
- The mother scolded her son for taking the toy from another child. (Past Simple)
- He has scolded the children for their mess in the kitchen. (Present Perfect)
- He was scolded for forgetting about his responsibilities at home. (Past Simple)
- Eliza took the child aside and scolded him. (Past Simple)
- When she scolded the children, she always wagged her finger at them. (Past Simple)
- My nervous mom scolded me for coming home ten minutes late. (Past Simple)