English verb near [nɪə].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb near: Infinitive (near), Past Simple - (neared), Past Participle - (neared).
Forms of verb near in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb near in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of near.
Three forms of verb near
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of near?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) near in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - near. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - neared. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - neared. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of near?
The past tense of near is: near in past simple is neared. and past participle is neared.
What is the past tense of near?
The past tense of near is neared.
The past participle of near is neared.
Past simple — near in past simple neared.
Future simple — near in future simple near. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — near in present perfect tense neared. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — near in past perfect tense neared. (had + V3)
near regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is near an irregular verb?? near is regular verb.
Examples of Verb near in Sentences
- She always cheers up when football season nears (Present Simple)
- I've been there, when John neared the door (Present Perfect)
- I have neared the german border (Present Perfect)
- The going got better as we neared the waterfall. (Past Simple)
- She began to feel anxious as she neared the house. (Past Simple)
- Our team was in a commanding position as the game neared its end. (Past Simple)
- As the date of the performance neared, we grew more and more anxious (Past Simple)
- Our impatience grew as the finish neared (Past Simple)
- As he neared her house he heard the sound of crying (Past Simple)
- It seems like the road is nearing completion (Present Simple)