English verb sell [sel].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb sell: Infinitive (sell), Past Simple - (sold), Past Participle - (sold).
Forms of verb sell in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb sell in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sell.
Three forms of verb sell
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of sell?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) sell in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - sell. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - sold. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - sold. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of sell?
The past tense of sell is: sell in past simple is sold. and past participle is sold.
What is the past tense of sell?
The past tense of sell is sold.
The past participle of sell is sold.
Past simple — sell in past simple sold.
Future simple — sell in future simple sell. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — sell in present perfect tense sold. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — sell in past perfect tense sold. (had + V3)
sell regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is sell an irregular verb?? sell is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb sell in Sentences
- The tea-set was sold to an australian buyer (Past Simple)
- She offered to sell the garage (Past Simple)
- Don't sell me that shit (Present Simple)
- Hank had no proof that I sell dope (Past Simple)
- My wife jokes that I dream of selling negliges (Present Simple)
- I heard he sold his soul on eBay (Past Simple)
- The slaves will sell their masters and grow wings (Future Simple)
- You will sell me the orchid and let us go (Future Simple)
- We will sell rice, barley and wheat (Future Simple)
- Brother, I will sell you as many donkeys as you want (Future Simple)