The English verb 'shear' is pronounced as [ʃɪə].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb shear: Infinitive (shear), Past Simple - (sheared), Past Participle - (shorn).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shear
👉 Forms of verb shear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shear.
Shear: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shear?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shear'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shear'
- the first form (V1) is 'shear' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sheared', 'shore' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shorn', 'sheared' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shear?
The past tense and past participle of shear are: shear in past simple is sheared, shore, and past participle is shorn. sheared.
What is the past tense of shear?
The past tense of the verb "shear" is "sheared", or "shore", and the past participle is "shorn" or "sheared".
Past simple — shear in past simple sheared,
Future simple — shear in future simple is shear (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shear in present perfect tense is shorn, sheared (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shear in past perfect tense is shorn, sheared (had + V3).
shear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shear' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shear' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb shear in Sentences
- He shears sheep for a living (Present Simple)
- He shore his hair and gave him a prison uniform (Past Simple)
- Ok, now I'm shearing your sheep, but after you get me coffee (Present Continuous)
- We were shearing animals when hunters brought other carcasses (Past Continuous)
- He has been shearing since morning, give him some rest (Present Perfect Continuous)
- I have shorn the herd and feel exhausted (Present Perfect)
- He will shear our animals tomorrow and he wants money for his job (Future Simple)
- They will be shearing father's sheep at this time tomorrow, you can join them and see how it works (Future Continuous)
- Your barber is a magician, he shore your hair pretty well (Past Simple)
- I will not shear my hair at the full moon (Future Simple)