The English verb 'shed' is pronounced as [ʃed].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb shed: Infinitive (shed), Past Simple - (shed), Past Participle - (shed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shed
👉 Forms of verb shed in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shed.
Shed: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shed?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shed'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shed'
- the first form (V1) is 'shed' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'shed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shed?
The past tense and past participle of shed are: shed in past simple is shed, and past participle is shed.
What is the past tense of shed?
The past tense of the verb "shed" is "shed", and the past participle is "shed".
Past simple — shed in past simple shed
Future simple — shed in future simple is shed (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shed in present perfect tense is shed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shed in past perfect tense is shed (had + V3).
shed regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shed' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shed' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb shed in Sentences
- Her 2 dogs shed all year round (Past Simple)
- The defenders have shed their blood for their land (Present Perfect)
- I will shed no more tears for this damn girl (Future Simple)
- We need to shed light on this matter (Present Simple)
- I won't be shedding any tears over you, dumbass (Future Simple)
- She's shedding her skin like a snake (Present Simple)
- He shed so many tears about those sweet money he poured into that Ponzi scheme (Past Simple)
- I cannot read this book without shedding tears (Present Continuous)
- Skyler would often shed tears thinking about her miserable life with Walt (Past Simple)
- Mr. Tumble's been shedding for years (Present Perfect)