English verb shoot [ʃu:t].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb shoot: Infinitive (shoot), Past Simple - (shot), Past Participle - (shot).
Forms of verb shoot in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb shoot in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shoot.
Three forms of verb shoot
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of shoot?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) shoot in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - shoot. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - shot. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - shot. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of shoot?
The past tense of shoot is: shoot in past simple is shot. and past participle is shot.
What is the past tense of shoot?
The past tense of shoot is shot.
The past participle of shoot is shot.
Past simple — shoot in past simple shot.
Future simple — shoot in future simple shoot. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — shoot in present perfect tense shot. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — shoot in past perfect tense shot. (had + V3)
shoot regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is shoot an irregular verb?? shoot is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb shoot in Sentences
- I never shoot another person or animal (Past Simple)
- They could say I shot her uncle (Past Simple)
- Henry had shot her and left her for dead (Past Perfect)
- As for a woman she shoots very well (Present Simple)
- They shoot regularly in a gun range at 6 p.m. on Saturdays (Present Simple)
- I don't want to shoot at you, but go away (Present Simple)
- They are shooting that movie tomorrow, be ready (Present Continuous)
- Hunters were shooting yesterday, did they kill anything? (Past Continuous)
- Don't go to that shed, they will shoot you (Future Simple)
- My neighbours shot in the yard yesterday, do you know what happened? (Past Simple)