The English verb 'found' is pronounced as [faʊnd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb found: Infinitive (found), Past Simple - (founded), Past Participle - (founded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb found
👉 Forms of verb found in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of found.
Found: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb found?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'found'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'found'
- the first form (V1) is 'found' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'founded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'founded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of found?
The past tense and past participle of found are: found in past simple is founded, and past participle is founded.
What is the past tense of found?
The past tense of the verb "found" is "founded", and the past participle is "founded".
Past simple — found in past simple founded
Future simple — found in future simple is found (will + V1).
Present Perfect — found in present perfect tense is founded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — found in past perfect tense is founded (had + V3).
found regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'found' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'found' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb found in Sentences
- Five thousands of winged termites take to the air to found new homes - new colonies (Present Simple)
- The Affi Hat brand was founded in 2009. (Past Simple)
- Henry has founded our separatist party. (Present Perfect)
- This relationship was founded on mutual esteem. (Past Simple)
- The theory is founded on a basic proposition. (Present Simple)
- Was this organization founded by a dedicated army of volunteers? (Past Simple)
- He founded a self-help group for parents with children suffering with this disease. (Past Simple)
- The scientists has founded an institute for research into the causes of mental illness. (Present Perfect)
- The school was founded in 1956. (Past Simple)
- The castle was founded on solid rock. (Past Simple)