The English verb 'shout' is pronounced as [ʃaʊt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb shout: Infinitive (shout), Past Simple - (shouted), Past Participle - (shouted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shout
👉 Forms of verb shout in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shout.
Shout: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shout?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shout'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shout'
- the first form (V1) is 'shout' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'shouted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shouted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shout?
The past tense and past participle of shout are: shout in past simple is shouted, and past participle is shouted.
What is the past tense of shout?
The past tense of the verb "shout" is "shouted", and the past participle is "shouted".
Past simple — shout in past simple shouted
Future simple — shout in future simple is shout (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shout in present perfect tense is shouted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shout in past perfect tense is shouted (had + V3).
shout regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shout' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shout' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb shout in Sentences
- Then I asked him not to shout (Past Simple)
- Kevin shouted that she was all right (Past Simple)
- Cause Bill shouted, right? (Past Simple)
- He shouted loudly in pain as the knife sank into his hand. (Past Simple)
- Mom shouted to the children to start doing their homework. (Past Simple)
- He shouted to get attention. (Past Simple)
- I heard her shouting and ran to help. (Past Simple)
- She has shouted out a few words to me. (Present Perfect)
- If you lay one hand on me, I'll shout for help. (Future Simple)
- His questions were shouted down by the noise of the audience. (Past Simple)