The English verb 'shy' is pronounced as [ʃaɪ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb shy: Infinitive (shy), Past Simple - (shied), Past Participle - (shied).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shy
👉 Forms of verb shy in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shy.
Shy: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shy?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shy'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shy'
- the first form (V1) is 'shy' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'shied' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shied' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shy?
The past tense and past participle of shy are: shy in past simple is shied, and past participle is shied.
What is the past tense of shy?
The past tense of the verb "shy" is "shied", and the past participle is "shied".
Past simple — shy in past simple shied
Future simple — shy in future simple is shy (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shy in present perfect tense is shied (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shy in past perfect tense is shied (had + V3).
shy regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shy' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shy' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb shy in Sentences
- He slowly shied back with his mouth ajar and his hands out in front of him... (Past Simple)
- - But it's too late to shy, and that's not why we came here. (Present Simple)
- But you can't shy now - life is given once, you don't make a commitment today, and you miss your chance in life! (Present Simple)
- I was only eight years old, but I've always been shied of the smell of burning ever since... (Past Simple)
- If there had been time to be shied or surprised, he would have done both. (Past Perfect)
- If you notice that the child shies, stop the game immediately and come back to it another day. (Present Simple)
- Apparently, ginger was believed to shy evil spirits that could steal the soul of a dead person on their way to the next world. (Past Simple)
- They put their posts at the entrance to Jewish stores, shying away customers (Present Simple)
- The frightened people shied away from me (Past Simple)
- People were shied to the side. (Present Simple)