The English verb 'sit' is pronounced as [sɪt].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb sit: Infinitive (sit), Past Simple - (sat), Past Participle - (sat).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb sit
👉 Forms of verb sit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sit.
Sit: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb sit?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'sit'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'sit'
- the first form (V1) is 'sit' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sat' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sat' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of sit?
The past tense and past participle of sit are: sit in past simple is sat, and past participle is sat.
What is the past tense of sit?
The past tense of the verb "sit" is "sat", and the past participle is "sat".
Past simple — sit in past simple sat
Future simple — sit in future simple is sit (will + V1).
Present Perfect — sit in present perfect tense is sat (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — sit in past perfect tense is sat (had + V3).
sit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'sit' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'sit' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb sit in Sentences
- Suzy sat here, reading (Past Simple)
- I will not sit here alone (Future Simple)
- Melanie sat with me through the night (Present Simple)
- We sit there, playing Insurjency (Past Simple)
- You had no choice, Brit sat down right next to you! (Past Simple)
- She will sit at the head as usual (Future Simple)
- Jeff, sit next to me. (Present Simple)
- Right, sit back and relax (Present Simple)
- He's sitting there and watching us (Present Continuous)
- I sat there waiting for her like some Hachiko (Past Simple)