The English verb 'speed' is pronounced as [spi:d].
Related to: irregular verbs, regular verbs.
3 forms of verb speed: Infinitive (speed), Past Simple - (sped), Past Participle - (sped).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb speed
👉 Forms of verb speed in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of speed.
Speed: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb speed?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'speed'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'speed'
- the first form (V1) is 'speed' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sped', 'speeded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sped', 'speeded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of speed?
The past tense and past participle of speed are: speed in past simple is sped, speeded, and past participle is sped. speeded.
What is the past tense of speed?
The past tense of the verb "speed" is "sped", or "speeded", and the past participle is "sped" or "speeded".
Past simple — speed in past simple sped,
Future simple — speed in future simple is speed (will + V1).
Present Perfect — speed in present perfect tense is sped, speeded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — speed in past perfect tense is sped, speeded (had + V3).
speed regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'speed' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'speed' is regular or irregular verb.
Examples of Verb speed in Sentences
- The machine really speeded things up (Past Simple)
- The procedures have been speeded up with new Сommittee (Present Perfect)
- Ambulances sped people away from the street (Past Simple)
- The best thing you can do to speed your success is hard work (Present Simple)
- He speeded away in a waiting taxi and I never saw him again (Past Simple)
- Everything is speeding up even time (Present Continuous)
- His heart rate is speeding up, call the doctor (Present Continuous)
- You don't believe me, but I wasn't speeding (Past Continuous)
- They were speeding and got in a car crash two years ago (Past Continuous)
- These pills will speed your healing, don't forget to take them (Future Simple)