The English verb 'spend' is pronounced as [spend].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb spend: Infinitive (spend), Past Simple - (spent), Past Participle - (spent).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb spend
👉 Forms of verb spend in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of spend.
Spend: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb spend?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'spend'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'spend'
- the first form (V1) is 'spend' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'spent' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'spent' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of spend?
The past tense and past participle of spend are: spend in past simple is spent, and past participle is spent.
What is the past tense of spend?
The past tense of the verb "spend" is "spent", and the past participle is "spent".
Past simple — spend in past simple spent
Future simple — spend in future simple is spend (will + V1).
Present Perfect — spend in present perfect tense is spent (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — spend in past perfect tense is spent (had + V3).
spend regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'spend' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'spend' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb spend in Sentences
- How did you spent your holiday? (Past Simple)
- Those few who have the cash, come here to spend (Present Simple)
- I literally spend all my money on books (Present Simple)
- Let's spend the night together, now I need you more than ever (Present Simple)
- He spent everything he had on the perfumes for his girlfriend (Past Simple)
- She would spend days reading Proust's descriptions of girls (Past Simple)
- I'd like to spend a day in the village (Present Simple)
- They will spend taxpayers' money in no time (Future Simple)
- We spent all our free time together (Past Simple)
- 'I'd like to spend my life here, on Mars' said Elon (Past Simple)