English verb spit [spɪt].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb spit: Infinitive (spit), Past Simple - (spat), Past Participle - (spat).
Forms of verb spit in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb spit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of spit.
Three forms of verb spit
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of spit?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) spit in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - spit. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - spat, spit. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - spat, spit. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of spit?
The past tense of spit is: spit in past simple is spat, spit. and past participle is spat, spit.
What is the past tense of spit?
The past tense of spit is spat or
The past participle of spit is spat or spit.
Past simple — spit in past simple spat,
Future simple — spit in future simple spit. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — spit in present perfect tense spat, spit. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — spit in past perfect tense spat, spit. (had + V3)
spit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is spit an irregular verb?? spit is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb spit in Sentences
- Jimmy likes to spit on the ground (Present Simple)
- And she spat on him! (Past Simple)
- She promised to spit on his grave after their divorce (Past Simple)
- You always had to spit on me, say it ain't so (Past Simple)
- I'm here to spit in my father's face, where is he? (Present Simple)
- I heard the Chinese sure like to spit, don't they? (Present Simple)
- He spat on the ground and smiled (Past Simple)
- She cam yesterday only to spit in my face (Past Simple)
- I'm trying to figure out how to spit it out (Present Simple)
- 'If he comes again I will spit in his dish' said the waiter (Past Simple)