The English verb 'Steady' is pronounced as [['stedɪ]].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb Steady: Infinitive (Steady), Past Simple - (steadied), Past Participle - (steadied).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb Steady
👉 Forms of verb Steady in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of Steady.
Steady: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb Steady?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'Steady'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'Steady'
- the first form (V1) is 'Steady' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'steadied' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'steadied' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of Steady?
The past tense and past participle of Steady are: Steady in past simple is steadied, and past participle is steadied.
What is the past tense of Steady?
The past tense of the verb "Steady" is "steadied", and the past participle is "steadied".
Past simple — Steady in past simple steadied
Future simple — Steady in future simple is Steady (will + V1).
Present Perfect — Steady in present perfect tense is steadied (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — Steady in past perfect tense is steadied (had + V3).
Steady regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'Steady' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'Steady' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb Steady in Sentences
- To this end, he needs to steady ties with working-class circles. (Present Simple)
- When you prepare the shelter, think like you need to steady a medieval castle. (Present Simple)
- I put some more of the same posts with planks, and after a week I finally steadied the vault. (Past Simple)
- The pressure of the gas inside the ball is not yet able to steady the gravitational forces of its individual parts (Present Simple)
- Now that people are back on the scene, it will steady the odds, fifty-fifty. (Future Simple)
- Сделайте несколько медленных вдохов и выдохов без пауз, чтобы уравновесить дыхание. (Present Simple)
- They allow you to steady the ship's movement (Present Simple)
- He was able to steady the borders of the empire (Past Simple)
- Prime Minister firmly promised to steady the ruble (Past Simple)
- The first thing he did was steady his breathing. (Past Simple)