The English verb 'stone' is pronounced as [stoʊn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb stone: Infinitive (stone), Past Simple - (stoned), Past Participle - (stoned).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb stone
👉 Forms of verb stone in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of stone.
Stone: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb stone?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'stone'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'stone'
- the first form (V1) is 'stone' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'stoned' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'stoned' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of stone?
The past tense and past participle of stone are: stone in past simple is stoned, and past participle is stoned.
What is the past tense of stone?
The past tense of the verb "stone" is "stoned", and the past participle is "stoned".
Past simple — stone in past simple stoned
Future simple — stone in future simple is stone (will + V1).
Present Perfect — stone in present perfect tense is stoned (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — stone in past perfect tense is stoned (had + V3).
stone regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'stone' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'stone' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb stone in Sentences
- He remembered one time he was stoned (Past Simple)
- She has been stoned (Present Perfect)
- The gang stoned my shop last week (Past Simple)
- We stoned a police station and ran away (Past Simple)
- Be careful, he stones strangers (Present Simple)
- She was stoned to death (Past Simple)
- I have never been stoned (Present Perfect)
- I would ask you to stone peaches (Present Simple)
- Have you stoned cherries? (Present Perfect)
- No, I am still stoning, wait a little (Present Continuous)