English verb swear [swɛə].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb swear: Infinitive (swear), Past Simple - (swore), Past Participle - (sworn).
Forms of verb swear in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb swear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of swear.
Three forms of verb swear
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of swear?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) swear in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - swear. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - swore. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - sworn. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of swear?
The past tense of swear is: swear in past simple is swore. and past participle is sworn.
What is the past tense of swear?
The past tense of swear is swore.
The past participle of swear is sworn.
Past simple — swear in past simple swore.
Future simple — swear in future simple swear. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — swear in present perfect tense sworn. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — swear in past perfect tense sworn. (had + V3)
swear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is swear an irregular verb?? swear is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb swear in Sentences
- I'd swear it was a different company (Past Simple)
- She swore she never told him (Past Simple)
- These people have sworn to defend the city (Past Simple)
- I swear I'll stop you, Jesse (Future Simple)
- He swore on his mother's grave (Past Simple)
- I swear I had no gun on me (Past Simple)
- She had sworn to me to stay faithful, but she didn't (Past Simple)
- I swear on the life of my son's daughter (Present Simple)
- They had sworn to defend the king they betrayed (Past Perfect)
- She swore she was done with that (Past Simple)