The English verb 'swear' is pronounced as [swɛə].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb swear: Infinitive (swear), Past Simple - (swore), Past Participle - (sworn).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb swear
👉 Forms of verb swear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of swear.
Swear: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb swear?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'swear'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'swear'
- the first form (V1) is 'swear' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'swore' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sworn' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of swear?
The past tense and past participle of swear are: swear in past simple is swore, and past participle is sworn.
What is the past tense of swear?
The past tense of the verb "swear" is "swore", and the past participle is "sworn".
Past simple — swear in past simple swore
Future simple — swear in future simple is swear (will + V1).
Present Perfect — swear in present perfect tense is sworn (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — swear in past perfect tense is sworn (had + V3).
swear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'swear' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'swear' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb swear in Sentences
- I'd swear it was a different company (Past Simple)
- She swore she never told him (Past Simple)
- These people have sworn to defend the city (Past Simple)
- I swear I'll stop you, Jesse (Future Simple)
- He swore on his mother's grave (Past Simple)
- I swear I had no gun on me (Past Simple)
- She had sworn to me to stay faithful, but she didn't (Past Simple)
- I swear on the life of my son's daughter (Present Simple)
- They had sworn to defend the king they betrayed (Past Perfect)
- She swore she was done with that (Past Simple)