English verb swing [swɪŋ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb swing: Infinitive (swing), Past Simple - (swung), Past Participle - (swung).
Forms of verb swing in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb swing in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of swing.
Three forms of verb swing
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of swing?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) swing in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - swing. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - swung. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - swung. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of swing?
The past tense of swing is: swing in past simple is swung. and past participle is swung.
What is the past tense of swing?
The past tense of swing is swung.
The past participle of swing is swung.
Past simple — swing in past simple swung.
Future simple — swing in future simple swing. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — swing in present perfect tense swung. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — swing in past perfect tense swung. (had + V3)
swing regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is swing an irregular verb?? swing is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb swing in Sentences
- He tried to swing this thing (Past Simple)
- And then she swung for him (Past Simple)
- The pendulum has swung and stopped (Present Perfect)
- Better I will go home, my head is swinging and I feel sick (Present Continuous)
- Public opinion is swinging left and right now, you should be careful (Present Continuous)
- The hunter swung the gun and the deer ran away (Past Simple)
- Ok, he has swung the ball, but hasn't hit it (Present Perfect)
- What I have just told you? Don't swing on your chair! (Present Simple)
- Will you swing with other kids? (Future Simple)
- Let me push you a little and you will swing high up (Future Simple)