The English verb 'take apart' is pronounced as [teɪk əˈpɑːt].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb take apart: Infinitive (take apart), Past Simple - (took apart), Past Participle - (taken apart).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb take apart
👉 Forms of verb take apart in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of take apart.
Take apart: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|take apart [teɪk əˈpɑːt]||
took apart [teɪkən əˈpɑːt]
taken apart [teɪkən əˈpɑːt]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb take apart?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'take apart'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'take apart'
- the first form (V1) is 'take apart' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'took apart' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'taken apart' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of take apart?
The past tense and past participle of take apart are: take apart in past simple is took apart, and past participle is taken apart.
What is the past tense of take apart?
The past tense of the verb "take apart" is "took apart", and the past participle is "taken apart".
Past simple — take apart in past simple took apart
Future simple — take apart in future simple is take apart (will + V1).
Present Perfect — take apart in present perfect tense is taken apart (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — take apart in past perfect tense is taken apart (had + V3).
take apart regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'take apart' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'take apart' is .
Examples of Verb take apart in Sentences
- I took apart two packs of cherry bombs and I made my own (Past Simple)
- You know how to take apart a gun and put it back together? (Present Simple)
- He taught me how to take apart an engine (Past Simple)
- And I learned how to take apart and reassemble an AK-47 blindfolded (Past Simple)
- It's been taken apart and put back twice (Past Simple)
- I've taken apart and rebuilt most of it (Present Perfect)
- At 5, I took apart a water heater (Past Simple)
- There was one person who took apart a car, bit by bit, on a huge area (Past Simple)