English verb thank [θæŋk].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb thank: Infinitive (thank), Past Simple - (thanked), Past Participle - (thanked).
Forms of verb thank in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb thank in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of thank.
Three forms of verb thank
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of thank?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) thank in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - thank. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - thanked. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - thanked. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of thank?
The past tense of thank is: thank in past simple is thanked. and past participle is thanked.
What is the past tense of thank?
The past tense of thank is thanked.
The past participle of thank is thanked.
Past simple — thank in past simple thanked.
Future simple — thank in future simple thank. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — thank in present perfect tense thanked. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — thank in past perfect tense thanked. (had + V3)
thank regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is thank an irregular verb?? thank is regular verb.
Examples of Verb thank in Sentences
- They wanted to thank other countries (Past Simple)
- He thanked the chairman (Past Simple)
- His wife has thanked me for his promotion (Present Perfect)
- She shouldn't thank you anyway (Present Simple)
- Don't thank me, I didn't help you (Present Simple)
- You can thank that man for that (Present Simple)
- He'll thank me when gets old (Future Simple)
- Who do I thank for that escape? (Present Simple)
- You should thank your parents for this huge chance to be a good man (Present Simple)
- Ok, you'll thank me for it later (Future Simple)
- He thanked politicians for their contribution to school activities (Past Simple)