English verb turn [ˈtɝn].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb turn: Infinitive (turn), Past Simple - (turned), Past Participle - (turned).
Forms of verb turn in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb turn in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of turn.
Three forms of verb turn
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of turn?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) turn in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - turn. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - turned. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - turned. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of turn?
The past tense of turn is: turn in past simple is turned. and past participle is turned.
What is the past tense of turn?
The past tense of turn is turned.
The past participle of turn is turned.
Past simple — turn in past simple turned.
Future simple — turn in future simple turn. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — turn in present perfect tense turned. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — turn in past perfect tense turned. (had + V3)
turn regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is turn an irregular verb?? turn is regular verb.
Examples of Verb turn in Sentences
- He turned and smiled at me (Past Simple)
- I turned to him with the same incredulous expression (Past Simple)
- The teacher turned to the class and said, " Children, the lesson is finished" (Past Simple)
- I turned to look at Brooklyn and she had noticed the same thing I had (Past Simple)
- Turn left at the next traffic light (Present Simple)
- I went downstairs and turned the corner into the kitchen (Past Simple)
- She turned the car in the direction of the home (Past Simple)
- When he turned the key to his truck the car exploded in flames (Past Simple)
- The earth turns around the Sun (Present Simple)
- My father turned a driver in 1987 (Past Simple)
- He turned professional long before you did (Past Simple)
- The man's face instantly turned pale and his tone turned cold (Past Simple)
- It has turned quite chilly here since mid-October (Present Perfect)
- Pond water turns green every summer (Present Simple)
- I had just turned 18, and it seemed like a good first job for me (Past Perfect)
- When I turned 40, I decided it was time to stop living out of a suitcase (Past Simple)