The English verb 'turn away' is pronounced as [ˈtɝn əˈweɪ].
Related to: regular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb turn away: Infinitive (turn away), Past Simple - (turned away), Past Participle - (turned away).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb turn away
👉 Forms of verb turn away in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of turn away.
Turn away: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|turn away [ˈtɝn əˈweɪ]||
turned away [ˈtɝnd əˈweɪ]
turned away [ˈtɝnd əˈweɪ]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb turn away?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'turn away'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'turn away'
- the first form (V1) is 'turn away' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'turned away' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'turned away' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of turn away?
The past tense and past participle of turn away are: turn away in past simple is turned away, and past participle is turned away.
What is the past tense of turn away?
The past tense of the verb "turn away" is "turned away", and the past participle is "turned away".
Past simple — turn away in past simple turned away
Future simple — turn away in future simple is turn away (will + V1).
Present Perfect — turn away in present perfect tense is turned away (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — turn away in past perfect tense is turned away (had + V3).
turn away regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'turn away' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'turn away' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb turn away in Sentences
- Aeroflot turned away an overweight cat as cabin baggage (Past Simple)
- The place was so crowded police had to turn people away (Past Simple)
- She wanted to enter the show but the security turned her away because she didn't have a ticket (Past Simple)
- My son was turned away because he's a minor (Past Simple)
- Most applicants are turned away each year (Present Simple)
- It broke my heart, but I had to turn her away because she didn't meet our casting criteria (Past Simple)
- Cinema began turning away visitors who hadn't already pre-buy a ticket
- Anyone who comes to us will not be turned away (Future Simple)
- The scene was so creepy I had to turn away (Past Simple)
- Mom turned away with tears in her eyes (Past Simple)
- I still remember the words that turned him away from his own family (Past Simple)
- They're my friend – I can't just turn them away! (Past Simple)
- Many shoppers turned away from companies that were used child labor (Past Simple)