The English verb 'turn into' is pronounced as [ˈtɝn ˈɪntuː].
Related to: regular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb turn into: Infinitive (turn into), Past Simple - (turned into), Past Participle - (turned into).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb turn into
👉 Forms of verb turn into in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of turn into.
Turn into: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|turn into [ˈtɝn ˈɪntuː]||
turned into [ˈtɝnd ˈɪntuː]
turned into [ˈtɝnd ˈɪntuː]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb turn into?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'turn into'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'turn into'
- the first form (V1) is 'turn into' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'turned into' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'turned into' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of turn into?
The past tense and past participle of turn into are: turn into in past simple is turned into, and past participle is turned into.
What is the past tense of turn into?
The past tense of the verb "turn into" is "turned into", and the past participle is "turned into".
Past simple — turn into in past simple turned into
Future simple — turn into in future simple is turn into (will + V1).
Present Perfect — turn into in present perfect tense is turned into (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — turn into in past perfect tense is turned into (had + V3).
turn into regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'turn into' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'turn into' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb turn into in Sentences
- He was always one who could turn everything into a joke (Past Simple)
- I want to turn your old bedroom into an office (Present Simple)
- Old jeans were turned into shorts (Past Simple)
- Clearly his annoyance was turning into anger (Past Continuous)
- You're letting some rich spoiled girl turn you into her dress up doll (Present Simple)
- Our fear then turned into anger, complaining to John that we thought he was getting murdered (Past Simple)
- A swelteringly hot day began to turn into thunderstorms, so my buddy Nick and I decided to go out of town (Past Simple)
- He turned into a real gentleman
- Don't turn my words into a drama! (Present Simple)
- This is the best place to turn a small investment into a sizable fortune (Present Simple)
- Therapy made me realize I've always been afraid to turn into my mother (Present Perfect)
- Then, I turned into his look-alike (Past Simple)
- Do you think the sand turned into glass? (Past Simple)
- My beautiful daughter has turned into an old woman (Present Perfect)
- At midnight I'll turn into a pumpkin (Future Simple)
- It's turning into a seedy little drama (Present Continuous)
- His background turns into a swamp (Present Simple)
- I turned into my father (Past Simple)
- This room can be turned into a laboratory (Present Simple)