The English verb 'undergo' is pronounced as [ʌndəˈɡəʊ].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb undergo: Infinitive (undergo), Past Simple - (underwent), Past Participle - (underwent).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb undergo
👉 Forms of verb undergo in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of undergo.
Undergo: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb undergo?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'undergo'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'undergo'
- the first form (V1) is 'undergo' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'underwent' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'underwent' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of undergo?
The past tense and past participle of undergo are: undergo in past simple is underwent, and past participle is underwent.
What is the past tense of undergo?
The past tense of the verb "undergo" is "underwent", and the past participle is "underwent".
Past simple — undergo in past simple underwent
Future simple — undergo in future simple is undergo (will + V1).
Present Perfect — undergo in present perfect tense is underwent (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — undergo in past perfect tense is underwent (had + V3).
undergo regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'undergo' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'undergo' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb undergo in Sentences
- She underwent a vital surgery (Past Simple)
- The committee has undergone a lot of reforms last decade (Present Perfect)
- Children have to undergo a medical examination before beginning work (Present Simple)
- The authorities did not seek such an agreement from the complainant, although he was willing to undergo a medical examination (Past Simple)
- All pregnant women who so desire may undergo a free HIV/AIDS test (Present Simple)
- Many species also undergo a diet shift as they develop (Present Simple)
- Most galaxies probably undergo at least one significant collision in their lifetimes (Present Simple)
- Our judges undergo public examinations to be appointed (Present Simple)
- All staff underwent a mandatory conduct and discipline online course (Past Simple)
- The world is undergoing an acute crisis of outlook and values (Present Simple)