The English verb 'unwind' is pronounced as [ˌʌnˈwaɪnd].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb unwind: Infinitive (unwind), Past Simple - (unwound), Past Participle - (unwound).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb unwind
👉 Forms of verb unwind in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of unwind.
Unwind: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb unwind?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'unwind'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'unwind'
- the first form (V1) is 'unwind' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'unwound' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'unwound' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of unwind?
The past tense and past participle of unwind are: unwind in past simple is unwound, and past participle is unwound.
What is the past tense of unwind?
The past tense of the verb "unwind" is "unwound", and the past participle is "unwound".
Past simple — unwind in past simple unwound
Future simple — unwind in future simple is unwind (will + V1).
Present Perfect — unwind in present perfect tense is unwound (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — unwind in past perfect tense is unwound (had + V3).
unwind regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'unwind' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'unwind' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb unwind in Sentences
- He laughed, touched the rope, and began to unwind the gate. And the gate creaked, like an old weather vane that had been rusting in the windlessness for a long time. (Past Simple)
- Her ponytail went from side to side with excitement and - zap! - touched the velcro. She kept unwinding the tape until she noticed that her tail was sticking. (Past Simple)
- In the second case, the range would have to be increased by unwinding the chain almost horizontally to capture a larger area of space... (Present Simple)
- The cloth vendors unwound pieces of purple-dyed cloth, and the cloth was inflated by the wind like the sail of a fairy-tale ship. (Past Simple)
- Naturally, these sources were very limited, but they allowed the city government to have a minimal financial base, through which and with the help of public and private benefactors to gradually unwind urban economy, covering with its care more and more areas. (Past Simple)
- The man began unwinding the long chains on his workbench in the basement. It was already dark outside, but the links gleamed brightly under the naked light bulb. (Past Simple)
- He unwound it carefully, eyes downcast, afraid to blink an extra blink. (Past Simple)
- The professor's daughter was sitting on the doorstep, unwinding a ball of blue silk, and her little dog was asleep at her feet. (Past Continuous)
- I wrapped the bedspread around myself, lifted myself up, and, tilting my head, began to hastily unwind the bandage. (Past Simple)
- I darted along the line, fixed gusts, wound and unwound wires, lay under rips, and, after picking earth out of my ears and nose, ran on. (Past Simple)