English verb wear out [weə aʊt].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb wear out: Infinitive (wear out), Past Simple - (wore out), Past Participle - (worn out).
Forms of verb wear out in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb wear out in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wear out.
Three forms of verb wear out
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|wear out [weə aʊt]||
wore out [wore aʊt]
worn out [wɔːn aʊt]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of wear out?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) wear out in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - wear out. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - wore out. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - worn out. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of wear out?
The past tense of wear out is: wear out in past simple is wore out. and past participle is worn out.
What is the past tense of wear out?
The past tense of wear out is wore out.
The past participle of wear out is worn out.
Past simple — wear out in past simple wore out.
Future simple — wear out in future simple wear out. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — wear out in present perfect tense worn out. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — wear out in past perfect tense worn out. (had + V3)
wear out regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is wear out an irregular verb?? wear out is .
Examples of Verb wear out in Sentences
- It's amazing how quick my kids wear their shoes out (Present Simple)
- You forgot how much standing all day can really wear you out (Present Simple)
- I'm going to try to wear out the toddlers so they go right to sleep tonight (Present Simple)
- The coach made the team practice until he wore them out (Past Simple)
- I wore my shoes out in no time at all (Past Simple)
- I wore out my shoes in less than a month (Past Simple)
- My car engine is about to wear out (Present Simple)
- t takes a lot of driving to wear out an engine (Present Simple)